O•co•coa \ō-kō-kō\ noun.
- artisanal chocolates that are hand-crafted in Los Angeles and feature unique flavor profiles; "After trying sweets around the world, she decided her favorites were Ococoa".
- an utterance that expresses delight or enjoyment after tasting delicious chocolate; "His friends were startled when he let out an “Ococoa” after he bit into the sesame fig butter cup".
When Diana Malouf was a little girl, her uncle brought her a shoebox full of candies from Lebanon. Her young mind boggled at the seemingly endless array of flavors, textures, and colors, which stretched the limits of her imagination and introduced her to the very wide world of confections.
As she grew up, Diana nurtured a passion for using her hands to create indulgent sweets, spending countless hours watching cooking shows, reading cookbooks, and experimenting with recipes. "My pantry and products have always reflected my heritage as both a Lebanese-American and a proud Angelino."
In 2009, Diana officially launched Ococoa as a way to share her passion and creations with others. The company began with her signature Butter Cup Collection, which features nine unique flavors and has been named one of “America’s Best Chocolate” by Bon Appétit Magazine. Since then, Diana continues to refine her skills and dream up new flavors for her confections. We warmly invite you to try our thoughtfully crafted chocolates.
The rules of our kitchen are simple:
- Try new things. We love to invent and experiment, always seeking out exciting combinations, unique ingredients, and new takes on the classics.
- Use excellent ingredients. We search everywhere for authentic ingredients that meet our high standards, and we are proud to work with suppliers we know and trust. And, of course, we never add preservatives or artificial flavors!
- Make uniquely delicious chocolates. Each confection is designed to spark your imagination and make you smile. Plus, every piece is handcrafted and individually inspected to make sure you only get our very best.